So I’m about an hour late. Papa Dish’s birthday was Monday, and his birthday blog will be published on Tuesday. At least his card was on time.
Papa Dish has taught me some valuable and fatherly things over the years. Here are ten of them:
- When it comes to garlic, you can never use too much.
- If you can fix it, don’t throw it out.
- Always keep a quart of oil in the trunk.
- Try any and all foods at least once.
- Whoever reels in the fish gets credit for it, regardless of who hooked it. (I still don’t know about this one, but it was the rule growing up. I abide by it to this day.)
- Don’t spend money you don’t have.
- Spend the money you do have on things that are really fun.
- In the end, your family will always be on your side.
- Work hard.
- Do what you love. Life’s too short to do anything else.