Happy Mother’s Day to all the mama’s out there! As you’ve probably noticed, I write about Mama Dish quite frequently. She’s a big and important part of my life. It’s impossible to fit all the wisdom she’s imparted to me in one blog entry, but I’ll list a few…
- Shoes are the most important part of any outfit.
- “It’s not how you feel, it’s how you look!” (She would jokingly say this when I was younger and I didn’t want to dress up for something.)
- Be VERY careful when using exfoliating face wash. It could land you in the emergency room. (Who knew???)
- When someone gives you a gift, you must be gracious and pretend you like it, even if it’s hideous. (Also known as, “It’s the thought that counts.”)
- When making cole slaw, you must have at least two other people taste said slaw in order to determine “if it’s good.” (If Papa Dish tastes it, he will always tell you to add more celery seed.)
- Sometimes it’s OK to eat cereal for dinner.
- It’s healthy to have a good cry once in a while.
- Good friendships are one of the greatest treasures in life. Fight for them.
- Sometimes the right way to do something is often the hardest way.
- It is NEVER too late to try something new and achieve something great.
Happy Mother’s Day!!!