It’s odd, sitting here at home, getting ready for a relatively quiet Easter weekend, to think about what this day will be like one year from today. Hopefully this will not be me:
Here are some predictions for April 6, 2013…
- I will not have slept, having laid awake all night thinking, “OH MY GOD I’M GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW” over and over again.
- Throughout the day I will spontaneously start crying whenever I stop and think too hard about the magnitude of what is happening.
- I will not be counting down the hours until the ceremony, rather until the moment when I get to put my dress on.
- At least one thing will go disastrously wrong before the ceremony and I will have about 5 seconds of sheer terror-stricken panic before either one of my parents or a ‘maid will step in and bring me back to Earth.
- I will completely lose it ONE time… AFTER my makeup is done. The fact that I’m already made up will be the one thing that pulls me back into emotional stability.
- The weather will… you know what, I’m not even going to touch this one. Mother Nature, you do your thing, and I’ll do mine.
- Papa Dish will cry walking me down the aisle and maybe a little during our father/daughter dance… but other than that he’ll hold it together.
- Mama Dish will cry all day.
- Mr. Dish will be a little teary-eyed when I walk down the aisle but that’s it. (And he’ll look dashingly handsome, of course
I don’t want to make too many predictions, because I really want to try to let the day unfold as it’s meant to happen. But I will make one more prediction about the year ahead: It will be happy and stressful, exciting and maddening, draining and complicated… and I will be both happy and sad when it’s over!